The right way to handle a rejected article.
Before publication, we put all articles through the review process of two different human editors. When an article doesn’t pass review, an email is sent notifying you that your article has been placed in Problem Status.
When that happens, the most important thing you can do is not panic. It’s not the end of the world, and most of the time any issues can be fixed in a matter of minutes.
Nonetheless, there’s a right way and a wrong way to handle rejected articles. This video will walk you through the steps you should use if it happens to you.
Here’s a recap of the steps from the video:
- Read the Email – When an article is placed in Problem Status, you’ll be alerted of the problem through email. Read that message completely. In cases where a part of the article is causing the problem, we’ll highlight the problem area in orange for you. Once you have enough information to understand the issue and you know how to change it, you can jump to “Step 5″ of this sequence. If not, move to the next step.
- Check EzineArticles’ Editorial Guidelines – The Problem Status email may reference a specific section of the Editorial Guidelines to help you understand the rules. Visit the section indicated in the email and read through the guidelines. This should give you a better understanding of the rules in place, which will help you revise the article.
- Check Other EzineArticles Resources – If you’re still unaware of what caused the article to be placed in Problem Status, look to other EzineArticles resources for more clarification. This Blog can be searched by keyword through the search bar on the top of the quick links on the right side of this page. The Top 10 Reasons for Article Rejection and 2 Minute Approval Tips are two video series that may also help.
- Contact Member Support – If these resources don’t help you resolve the issue, it’s time to consult our Member Support Team. You can get access to Member Support by logging into the Author’s Area and clicking on the Contact link in the upper-right corner of the page. Be as clear as you can about the problem you’re sorting through and give details related to your question, including the article title and number. Once you fill in the fields in the Contact Us page, submit it and wait for a response. We’ll typically get back to you in about 24 hours.
- Edit the Article – Once you understand the reason why an article was placed in Problem Status, the next step is to edit the article to correct the problem. To do that, login to the Author’s Area, find the article under the Problem Article section and select the Edit button next to the applicable article title. This will bring you to the submission page where you can make the appropriate changes to the article.
- Resubmit the Article – After you’ve made the changes, the final step is to resubmit the article. Your article will go back through the Editorial Review process. If your article has multiple problems, be sure to correct them all before resubmitting because every time you resubmit your article it will be put back through the review process.
Again, if one of your articles is rejected, don’t panic. Instead, use these steps to walk through the process of resubmitting your article. Also, leave a comment to share your own experiences with the resubmission process."